Guidelines on Posting
Theta Fleet Posting Guidelines (refer to individual sim rules as the fleet does not enforce posting standards).
1. Each player is expected to post once every two weeks. This can be a personal log, solo post, or joint post
with other players.
If you are on multiple sims/games, the rule applies for each sim. This can be your PC or PNPC.
NOTE: Some ships require you to post once a week, others once a month, so please check the individual game/sim rules.
2. Please respond to each tag to your character/s within seven calendar days of being tagged. Please do not
wait to answer a tag for no good reason.
3. Don't rely on emails to tell you if you have a tag. Log in to your sim/game at least once a week.
4. Posts should not be excessively short. (Solo posts and personal logs should be 400 words or more. Joint posts should be at least 800 words, preferably 1000 or more words.
If you choose to split a post, please make segments 1000 words or more. Solo posts should be split around 700 words. Do not split a joint post that is shorter than 2000 words.
5. Although we all do it from time to time, try not to answer a tag with a couple of words or a short sentence. Most of the time, it is hard for the other person to come up with a response if they don't have something to work with. Sometimes, however, a good one-liner is the best response. (Once in a while, however, a one-liner can be quite appropriate.)
By the same token, don't leave a series of tags so the other player has little room to react in character.
6. As per the Player and Character Rules, DO NOT write for another Player Character or PNPC. If necessary, you can mention them being in the room/post, but you cannot have them talk or act, except to walk in or out of the room or do something equally innocuous like be at their post.
7. Do not rewrite another person's tag. Fixing typos is fine as we all misspell words from time to time, but do not go beyond that. No one is expected to be perfect so don't rewrite to make something grammatically correct unless it's a major grammatical error. (Which should be rare.)
Do not change one form of English for another, as in British to American or American to Australian, etc.
8. If you are unable to tag for two to four weeks, you can either put yourself on LOA or send the CO or crew a PM informing them of such. If you PM just the CO, please let him or her know the duration of your LOA and if you are in any posts that need attention.
ELOA is for an absence of one to three months. This requires you to tell your CO why you are away (you don't need to give details) and how long you'll be gone. It is up to the CO if you will be allowed to remain on the sim if your leave is longer than two or three months.
9. Although it shouldn't need to be stated, if you are on LOA or ELOA you are not expected to tag. However, you should expect others to continue the post/mission/story without you.
Join us on
to be a new CO or
bring a sim to Theta